Partner Manufacturers - Product Information
KN1108VA - Aten - 1-Local/1-Remote Access 8-Port Cat 5 KVM over IP Switch & Panel Array Mode, 1920 x 1200 (KN Range)
KN1108VA - FRONT & REAR
Aten´s new generation of KVM over IP switches - KN series allows local console access and remote over IP access for operators to monitor and access their entire data center over a network using a web-based browser. In addition, they offer out-of-band access with external modem support for BIOS-level troubleshooting when the network is down.
To help you manage and control an entire data center, our KVM over IP switches support blade servers and chassis. With powerful new features such as Power Association – KVM ports can be associated with ATEN PDU power outlets for power management of servers from the KVM over IP switches user interface.
KVM over IP switches now support the new Control Center Video Session Recorder (CCVSR) software. The CCVSR records all operations made on servers accessed through KVM over IP switches. Every operation and change from the BIOS level to logging in, from running software applications to configuring the operating system- is recorded and saved to a secure video file as evidence, without exception.
The Virtual Media function lets you map to storage media on USB, hard disk and DVD/CD drives located on remote servers – allowing administrators to conduct file transfers, install applications, run O.S. updates, or perform diagnostics across a network with ease.
Enhanced capabilities of KVM over IP switches also includes; a Message Board, Panel Array Mode™, Mouse DynaSync™, Adapter ID and Secure Serial Server Access. The secure access to serial-controlled devices includes network equipment, UNIIX servers, Linux servers, Sun servers and various serial consoles. It provides installation without needing expensive serial dongles.
With dual onboard NICs and dual power supplies, the KVM over IP switches are built for reliability, to ensure 24/7 availability of remote access to all server room computers.
With Aten KVM over IP switches IT administrators can manage their server rooms and data centres from practically anywhere – minimising travel costs and MTTR (Mean Time to Repair) – ensuring the highest availability of data centre services possible.
- High port density - RJ-45 connectors and Cat 5e/6 cable for up to 16 ports in a 1U housing
- Two separate buses for remote KVM over IP access
- Two 10/100/1000 Mbps NICs for redundant LAN or two IP operation
- Blade server support NEW!
Supports PS/2, USB, Sun Legacy (13W3) and serial (RS-232) connectivity
- Local console provides PS/2 and USB keyboard and mouse support
- Supports multi platform server environments: Windows, Mac, Sun, Linux and VT100 based serial devices
- High video resolution - up to 1600 x 1200 @ 60Hz - 32 bit color depth for the local console; up to 1600 x 1200 @ 60Hz with 24 bit color depth for remote sessions, at up to 50 m
- Monitor and control up to 16 computers on a single level, or control up to 256 computers in a two-level cascade*
* Cascade-compatible KVM Switches include the following: CS9134, CS9138, CS88A, KH1508, KH1516, KH1508A, and KH1516A. Some KVM Over the NET™ features may not be supported, depending on the functionality of the cascaded KVM switch.
- Up to 64 user accounts - up to 32 users simultaneously share the control
- End session feature - administrators can terminate running sessions
- Event logging and Windows-based Log Server support
- Critical system event notification via SMTP email; SNMP trap and Syslog support
- Customizable events notification NEW!
- Firmware upgradeable
Out-of-Band Access-Modem dial-in/dial out/dial back support NEW!
- Adapter ID Function: Stores port information allowing administrators to relocate the servers to different ports, without having to re-configure the adapters and switches
- Port Share Mode allows multiple users to gain access to a server simultaneously
- Integration with ALTUSEN CC2000 Management software
- Power Association enables the switch's KVM ports to be associated with an ATEN/ALTUSEN'S PDUs power outlets for remote power management of the servers from the switch's interface NEW!
- Manage browser access methods(Browser, http, https) NEW!
- IPv6 capable NEW!
- Local Console, browser-based, and AP GUIs offer a unified multilanguage interface to minimize user training time and increase productivity
- Multiplatform client support (Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, Sun)
- Multi-browser support: Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Opera, Mozilla, Netscape
- Browser-based UI in pure Web technology allows administrators to perform administrative tasks without pre-installed Java software package required
- User can launch multiple Virtual Remote Desktop to control multiple connected servers from the same login session
- Full-screen or sizable and scalable Virtual Remote Desktop
- Panel Array Mode available to both local console operators and remote access users
- Keyboard/Mouse Broadcast – keyboard and mouse inputs can be duplicated on all the attached servers NEW!
- Video syncing with the local console – local console monitor's EDID information stored on the KVM Adapter Cables for display resolution optimization NEW!
- Remote authentication support: RADIUS, LDAP, LDAPS, and MS Active Directory
- Supports SSL 128-bit data encryption and RSA 1024-bit certificates to secure users log in from browser
- Flexible encryption design allows users to choose any combination of 56-bit DES, 168-bit 3DES, 256-bit AES, 128-bit RC4, or Random for independent KB/Mouse, video, and virtual media data encryption
- Support for IP/MAC Filter
- Configurable user and group permissions for server access and control
- Automated CSR creation utility and third party CA certificate authentication NEW!
Virtual Remote Desktop
- Video quality and video tolerance can be adjusted to optimize data transfer speed; monochrome color depth setting, threshold and noise settings for compression of the data bandwidth in low bandwidth situations
Full screen video display or scalable video display
- Message Board for communication among remote users
- Mouse DynaSync -automatically synchronizes the local and remote mouse movements
- Exit Macros support
- On-screen keyboard with multi language support
- BIOS-level access
KN1108VA - DIAGRAM
1x KN1108v KVM over IP Switch
2x SA0142 Serial Adapters (RJ45-F to DB9-M; DTE to DCE)
2x Power Cords
1x Laptop USB Console Cable
1x Rack Mount Kit
1x Foot Pad Set (4 pcs.)
1x User Instructions
KVM over IP Switch
8-Port KVM over IP Switch
1 local/1 remote user access
Local - 1
Remote - 1
Maximum - 128 (via Cascade)
Port Selection Pushbuttons, GUI, Hotkeys
Console Ports 2 x USB Type-A Female
1 x 6-pin Mini-DIN Female (Purple)
1 x 6-pin Mini-DIN Female (Green)
1 x HDB-15 Female (Blue)
USB Port - 3 x USB Type-A Female
Audio 2 x Audio Jack Female
Laptop USB Console (LUC) Port 1 x USB Mini-B Female
KVM Port 8 x RJ-45 Female
Seria 2 x RJ-45 Female
PON 1 x RJ-45 Female
Modem 1 x RJ-45 Female
LAN Ports 2 x RJ-45 Female
Power 2 x IEC 60320/C14
Port Selection 2 x Pushbutton
Reset 1 x Semi-recessed Pushbutton
Power 2 x Rocker
Online 8 (Green)
Link 10 / 100 / 1000 Mbps 2 (Red/Orange/Green)
Power 1 (Blue)
Keyboard / Mouse PS/2 / USB
Local 1920 x 1200@60 Hz
Remote 1920 x 1200@60 Hz
Scan Interval 1-255 Seconds
Maximum Input Power Rating 100-240VAC; 50-60Hz; 1A
Power Consumption 120V/17W; 230V/17W
Operating Temperature 0 - 50˚C
Storage Temperature -20 - 60˚C
Humidity 0 - 80% RH, Non-condensing
Housing - Metal
Weight 3.57 kg ( 7.86 lb )
Dimensions (L x W x H) 43.84 x 28.78 x 4.40 cm
(17.26 x 11.33 x 1.73 in.)
Note - For some of rack mount products, please note that the standard physical dimensions of WxDxH are expressed using a LxWxH format