Partner Manufacturers - Product Information
DSX2-8M-DC 8-port serial console server with dual-power DC and dual gigabit LAN. Serial, USB and KVM local console ports. 19" rack mount kit. Internal telephone modem.
Raritan DSX-2 32 Port Model Shown, version with Modem ports. Front and Rear R1
The Dominion SX II is Raritan's next-generation serial console server / terminal server. It provides serial-over-IP access and control of devices -- anytime, anywhere. It's the most powerful, secure, reliable, easy-to-use console server on the market. Enjoy unrivaled control over servers, networking devices, security appliances, rack PDUs, virtual hosts, and wireless / telecom equipment!
The SX II supports the widest variety of serial-over-IP connections via SSH/Telnet Client, web-browser, CommandCenter, telephony modem, cellular modem, and at-the-rack access. Raritan offers thirteen different 1U appliances to connect to 4, 8, 16, 32 or 48 serial devices. All models have dual power supplies (AC or DC) and dual Gigabit Ethernet LAN ports.
The SX II builds on over ten years and 500 million hours of operation of the original SX. Besides the high performance serial processing from a more powerful hardware platform
• Powerful New Hardware - The Dominion SX II features a 1 GHz processor with an 8-fold increase in memory, dual power supplies (AC & DC), dual gigabit LAN ports, auto-sensing DTE/DCE ports, 4 USB ports, laptop/KVM access, port status LEDs, and telephone modem option for all models!
• Serial-Over-IP Access - Complete CLI access and management via SSH, Telnet and web-browser, with convenient direct port access methods. Two script-based automatic configuration methods (TFTP server and USB stick) are available for fast installation and configuration changes. Scales to thousands of devices with Raritan's CommandCenter.
• Broad Serial Device Support - Enjoy comprehensive serial device access to a wide range of equipment. Automatic DTE/DCE detection eliminates the need for rollover cables. Support for operating speeds of 1,200 to 230,400 bps with flexible, per-port serial options.
• No Rollover Cables - SX II allows you to direct connect to Cisco and other compatible devices without rollover cables!
• 3G/4G Modem Access - The SX II offers an optional internal telephone modem and can connect to an external cellular (3G/4G) modem for emergency access.
• Automatic Configuration - Two automatic configuration methods (TFTP server and USB stick) are available for fast installation and changes.
• Complete CLI Management - The SX II offers complete CLI access and management via SSH, Telnet and web-browser, with convenient direct port access methods.
• Best At-the-Rack Access - Multiple types of at-the-rack access including: (1) Serial console, (2) Laptop/USB or (3) KVM Console.
• FIPS 140-2 Encryption - Certified FIPS 140-2 encryption module to meet the most stringent government or regulatory security frameworks. Strong AES encryption, strong passwords and optional security banner.
• Direct Port Access - Convenient direct port access to individual SX connected devices is available via SSH, Telnet, and HTTP. This quick and flexible access is available using individual IP addresses, unique TCP ports, or HTTP URLs.
• Port and Session Logging - The Dominion SX II supports logging of both user input and serial device output to a Network File System (NFS) server. This can be encrypted and is available even when the user is not connected to the device.
• Port Keywords (Triggers) - SX II users can create port keywords, which triggers a message, if received from a serial device. Messages can be sent via email, SNMP trap and logged in the NFS port log.
Raritan DSX-2 Typical Setup devices
Serial console server with dual-power DC and dual gigabit LAN. Serial, USB and KVM local console ports. 19" rack mount kit. Internal telephone modem.
1U, rack mountable
.35A, 36-72VDC auto-switching
MAX POWER CONSUMPTION 4Port N/A | 8-port SX: 21W | 16-port SX: 22W | 32-port SX: 23W | 48-port SX: 25W
Operating: 0°C – 50°C. Non-Operating: 0°C – 55°C
HUMIDITY Operating: 20% – 85%. Non-Operating: 10% – 90%
Operates properly at any altitude from 0 to 2,000 meters
APPROVALS CE, FCC Part 15 Class A, US UL
Dual 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet (RJ-45)
PROTOCOLS TCP/IP, PPP, PAP, HTTP, HTTPS, SSL, SSH, TACACS+, LDAP(S), RADIUS, SNMP. IPv4 & IPv6. Automatic fail-over or independent LAN ports
Two Years with Advanced Replacement*. Can purchase additional 3 year warranty.
DSX2-8M-DC 8-port serial console server with dual-power DC and dual gigabit LAN. Serial, USB and KVM local console ports. 19” rack mount kit. Internal telephone modem.
DSX2-32M-DC 32-port serial console server with dual-power DC, dual gigabit LAN. Serial, USB and KVM local console ports. 19” rack mount kit. Internal telephone modem.
DSX2-48M-DC 48-port serial console server with dual-power DC, dual gigabit LAN. Serial, USB and KVM local console ports. 19” rack mount kit. Internal telephone modem
ASCSDB9F RJ-45(F) TO DB9(F) serial adapter
ASCSDB9M RJ-45(F) TO DB9(M) serial adapter
ASCSDB25F RJ-45(F) TO DB25(F) serial adapter
ASCSDB25M RJ-45(F) TO DB25(M) serial adapter
ADAPTORS FOR RARITAN PDU's:
Adapters for Raritan PDUs
CSCSPCS-1 1’ Cat5e RJ-45(M) to RJ-45(F) adapter to connect Dominion SX II to Raritan PX..
CSCSPCS-1-5PK Package of 5 CSCSPCS-1 rack pdu adapters
CSCSPCS-10 10’ Cat5e RJ-45(M) to RJ-45(M) cable to connect Dominion SX II to Raritan PX...